Saturday 25 October 2008

So many things..

An impromptu evening out with girlfriends was about as much fun as I can remember having in a long long time. The last was probably at Umang, 2 months ago. Anyway, I digress. The kadak katting (cutting, if you please) had made me chattier than usual & the banter carried on even after I had yelled out my goodbyes, from a rickshaw, to Muddu, Apu & Stu (notice how lovely nicknames sound ending in the sound of 'ooh'). Riding past 'Jalsa', my auto waalah started sharing with me his views on the ongoing squabbles in Mumbai. Shocked at first, I could only sympathise with his getting nostalgic over how Amitabh Bachchan had inaugrated something in his village when he was all of 9. Now he drives by Amit ji's bungalow almost everyday.

I was not too keen on answering a question he posed before me - 'Film industry mein bahut log uttar bhartiya hai na? Yeh Aishwarya Rai bhi north ki hain na? He was intent on narrating to me how most of his friends are in the film-line now, doing petty jobs, but in the industry nonetheless & how he must ride his rickshaw because ghar chalaana hai.. Can anyone expect peace in Bombay? We hope..
_____________________________________________________

I want to go for the October 31st concert but I need to start studying for my exams, which are 6 months away.
I want to learn how to drive a car but instead, I need to spend my mornings reading books that collectively weigh more than I do.
I want to watch Karzzzz but I need to attend classes.
How we must live between our wants & needs! Keynes zindabaad!
_____________________________________________________

Happy Diwali yevrybuddy! Don't burst crackers. Light lanterns, ok?

Cheers. Keedas. Peace.

5 comments:

Mudra said...

Bas na... No mention of me... *sniff*

Prerna said...

@ mudra: Why must I mention you in a petty blog post when your place is in my heart? (a la Prof. Baxter)
But anything for you da. Next time, remember what 'not giving me a hug' because I 'toh meet you everyday' can cost you :P

Shrey said...

Eh. Only Karzzz. You forgetting Deshdrohi..!

Mudra said...

@peru: Now you did! Your balance sheet will definitely tally! (a la Baxter again) :D

And I will now hug you everyday. And anyone else who blogs and is likely to leave me outta it.

Yes, I demand attention all the time. So what? :P

Prerna said...

@ shrey: Arey, yes. That is 'coz Karzzz has already released. We still might be able to catch Deshdrohi first day first show. Yeh, they call me a pseudo-optimist. :)

@ mudra: Thankoo! I feel a lot more secure (no sarcasm intended, God promise :D)

Yeh, spread the lauu! ;)